An adventurer needs quick reflexes and quicker wits. A jetpack doesn't hurt either.
Beckett is highly usable and powerful, but only if used correctly. Because her jetpack boosts her survivability dramatically even in the fact of a low defense rating, timing your jetpack usage to ensure you're out of harms way can turn Beckett from a mid range hero into a top range DPS dealer. This high damage pair is super powerful, and she is arguably a better DPS than Charnok, with few situational exceptions. She can also use her jetpack to access parts of the map closed to other heroes, like secret passageways to the enemy Guardian and high vantage points for "sniping" and "camping".
Understanding her strengths and weaknesses is key to success, so consider what role you want to play before picking Beckett.
Tips and TricksEdit
- CANNON is great for ranged fights, and MACHINE PISTOLS are suited for close quarters combat. They are this way by design, so don't use them for inappropriate situations, as you'll find yourself quickly ineffective.
- MACHINE PISTOLS are great for clearing creatures and the Wound out fast.
- [RMB/LT] GRENADE:
- Use grenade to finish off targets at a distance as it could be thrown at a far distance
- The grenade has a huge cooldown, so you need to use it within a group of enemies or when you can deal damage to high armor heroes. If you miss, you're negating a lot of your power for a long time.
- [E/RB] JETPACK:
- Using jetpack can be a great way to get out of combat quick, so don't be afraid to use it.
- The jetpack is also a great tool for hit and runs. Jumping into combat, popping off a few shots, and then using the Jetpack to get beyond the enemy strike range can be a hugely effective method of attack.
- Find the secret in each level, the tunnel leading from your side of the map to the enemy guardian, and use the jetpack to exploit it as often and completely as possible.
- [F,LMB/LS+RT,RT] AIRSTRIKE:
- Beckett's FOCUSA special resource that is accumulated and stored throughout every match, and can be used to unleash a FOCUS ABILITY, or upgrade young creatures to powerful adults.
Focus requires to build up FOCUS CHARGES (maximum 3) before it can be used. They can be accumulated by dealing damage to enemies, healing allies, taking damage, and sometimes after being defeated and sent to the Airship.Focus sends out explosive bombs at the same area so do not use it at an area that would not have enemies it or if they are able to move a lot. Try to use her focus on areas that are always packed such as Power Circles which could be pretty deadly.
- The Airstrike requires holding the Focus key down, targeting, and then releasing, which eats up significant amounts of time. Factor this into your engagements.
- Combo the [RMB/LT] GRENADE with the Airstrike for maximum area of effect damage.
- Stay on the edge of fights to deal damage while negating a lot of the threat to yourself.
- Stack the Dominator perk so that if you run into high cooldown and are down and out, you can quickly back out with what skills you have left.